This is a repost because I realized when I updated my Movable Type, my comments system went BANANAS, and then I figured, what the heck, it's time for a change anyway. I picked one of the standard out-of-the-can designs for now in hopes that it will cause John the Designer's Cringe and he'll spawn more ideas for the real redesign. :P In other words, this is temporary. Sorry if some of the pages are gone, they were all due for fixing anyway. It'll just be a standard blog for awhile. My entry is again below.
I'm obsessed with
two three four dammit FIVE things right now:
1. Editing my book. That was for Jennifer and Rebecca, who are thinking, "Damn right, you are, now get back to work!" as they (if they) read this.
2. Mangoes. Completely obsessed with the tangy fruit for some bizarre reason. It might be because the store near me has excellent ones and I feel obliged to pick some up every time I drop in for milk.
3. Oblivion. DON'T EVER PLAY THIS GAME IF YOU WANT TO EVER BE PRODUCTIVE AGAIN. This has been my turn-the-world-off game and sadly I'm about to throw it out window, because it used to just be mindless but now that I'm into it it's engaging, and huge, and amazingly well-thought-out, and if I let it become one, will become the world's biggest time-suck EVER. After my deadline (which is in April, but I have a mini-one coming soon), I can indulge. Until then I'll just play Rock Band. At least after drumming a little while your arms tire out and you can't go on. Also? Great stress relief.
4. The election. I've been wondering how Obama was going to get out of the attack-without-attacking corner, and it seems he's turned to the funny, always a good move. I liked his response to the "It's 3 a.m. and the phone is ringing
because when disaster is about to strike somewhere in the world the evil ones always call to inform the president first" ad with, "What do they think I'm going to do? I'm going to answer the phone!" nonplussed-ness. Nice. I used to be really on the fence between Obama and Clinton, and I'll vote for whichever of them gets the nod but...I can't help but feel if she does, we'll have lost something huge that we can't get back. Obama is, after all, my new bicycle.
5. My sister's upcoming shower. And that's all I'm saying about it because - hear this, Stephanie - her CEASELESS digging for info to everyone we know, her SMUG attitude when she feels she has a hint, is driving everyone ludicrously INSANE. Go be a lawyer, Steph! Get away! It'll come when it comes! THERE! :P We love you lots but jeez, woman, let us have our fun.
Also she just really did become a full-fledged, sworn-in, honest-to-God lawyer that can sign her names on things and have it count. I don't ever want to get into an argument with her ever again (which is so sad, because we're so good at it) but I'm so proud.
That's it. Working now.